BEST DAMN HOME INSPECTION TRAINING
You have many choices.
Your career depends on it.
In a crowded and competitive field if you don’t distinguish yourself
from every other Home Inspector…
you are every other Home Inspector.
Learn new skills to increase your value
Add revenue streams to your Home Inspection Business
Get required Continuing Education (CE) credits for your Florida Home Inspection License.
Learn from Instructors with over 100+ years of practical industry experience
Our classes help you create your Standard Operating Procedures and develop additional streams of income that help you differentiate and dominate your market!
Courses available In Person or Online
Advanced Pool Inspections
This online course consists of 12 individual topic videos and a sixty minute final exam. We cover things they just don’t teach you in trade school. Trade associations are full of limitations and exclusions, this is not the focus of the advanced class. You will gain knowledge of building and electric codes that are swimming pool specific. From the construction process to the equipment functions, electrical requirements, and the barrier systems.
This class earns existing Florida Home Inspectors 6 CEs.
Zoom Live Stream
May 20, 2023
Pre-Recorded Sewer Scope Training
Pre-Recorded Online course now available!
Everything you need to know about incorporating sewer camera inspections into your home inspection business. The tools you’ll need, accessing difficult cleanouts, identifying what type of pipe is in place, identifying and classifying multiple defects and more!
No Shortage of Critics
A FREE Zoom session.
May 24, 2023 at 6pm
May 25, 2023 at 6pm
New Construction Series Introductory Meeting
NEW CONSTRUCTION IS ON FIRE! Come to this FREE Zoom session.
We’re starting a new construction series for home inspectors that will take you through the whole construction process, the inspection requirements, recommended standard operating procedures, document review, blueprint reading and more.
This class will be led by Jeff Clair who is a multi-trade licensed contractor, building inspector, expert witness and operates his own home inspection company.
June 17, 2023
January 13, 2023
Gain the knowledge and skills required to conduct Pre-Drywall Inspections for new home buyers. Covers your limitations and responsibilities as a Home Inspector and how to report your findings to the client.
Looking to upgrade your toolset? Check out our recommendations.
Classes taught by Jon and Jeff from partner organizations
Florida Association of Building Inspectors Summer Conference
June 10, 2023
- Advanced Plumbing and PEX
Oklahoma Residential & Commercial Inspector Association
June 23, 2023 Guthrie, OK
- Advanced Mechanical
- Plumbing and Pex
Train with CASA
August 9-10, 2023 Charlotte, NC
August 11-12, 2023 Raleigh, NC
- Advanced Mechanical
- Plumbing and PEX
- Defect Reporting
May 19-20, 2023 Raleigh, NC
- Advanced Pre-Drywall Inspection with Jeff
Meet your Instructors
- B.S. degree in Building Construction, University of Florida
- State Certified Home Inspector
- State Certified Mold Assessor
- State Certified Mold Remediator
- State Certified Radon Measurement Tech
- State Certified WDO Inspector
- ASHI Certified Member
- FABI Master Professional Inspector
- ICC Residential Building and Plumbing Inspector B1, P1
- ITA Certified Manufactured Home Inspector
- PaRR Disaster Housing Inspector
- Wind & Hurricane Mitigation Inspector
- Author and national speaker
- Author – Tactical Real Estate Negotiator
- EPA Certified Renovator
- BESI Building Envelope Inspector
- NAMM Certified Moisture Management Inspector
- Remote Airman Certificate with sUAS rating
- NSPF Certified Pool-Spa Inspector
- NORMI Certified Biocide Applicator
- NOA Certified Ozone Technician
- HIUFL Owner/Instructor
Jon holds a BS in Building Construction from the University of Florida. He has been performing home inspections since 1998. He has authored many home inspection related articles for local and national publications. He is the author of the book Tactical Real Estate Negotiator and Co-author of The Savvy Agent. He has been featured on several radio programs, in the New York Times, Orlando Magazine, Inspekt Magazine and CFRI, IRC and FABI newsletters. He was an instructor at Home Inspection Academy from 2011-2017.
Jeffrey R. Clair
- Florida State Certified General Contractor 058361
- Florida State Certified Roofing Contractor 1328940
- Florida State Certified Home Inspector #725
- Florida State Certified Mechanical Contractor 1250122
- Florida State Certified Underground Utility & Excavation Contractor 056828
- FABI Master Professional Inspector #0437
- Florida State Certified Standard Building Inspector 5316
- Building Official Association of Florida 7156
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification
- US Dept. of Energy Certified Home Energy Assessor
Jeff Clair is a Florida State Licensed General Contractor, Roofing Contractor, Underground Utility & Excavation Contractor, Mechanical Contractor, Residential Pool & Spa Contractor, Standard Building Code Inspector and Florida Certified Home Inspector. A native Floridian, Mr. Clair has over 30 years of experience in the Florida construction industry.
Mr. Clair owns and operates Topline Construction Services, Inc. dba Chief Inspection Services in St. Cloud, FL. The primary services include Residential & Light Commercial Inspections & Consultation, Pre‐Purchase Home Inspections; HVAC Consultation Services, Repair and Replacements; Energy Conservation Upgrades; Commercial Project Management; Site Grading, Excavation & Water Management.
- State Certified Building Contractor CBC056105
- B.S. Building Construction, University of Florida
- FABI Registered Professional Inspector RPI0736
- WDO Inspector JE129248
- Certified Level 1 Infrared Thermographer #18967
- State Certified Home Inspector HI2299